About Drug, Tobacco and Alcohol Control Department
Drug, Tobacco and Alcohol Control Department was established on the 1st April 2011.
Regulations of the Department were approved on 23 February 2011 by the decision No. 244 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania >>>
The Drug, Tobacco and Alcohol Control Department co-operate with European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA).
The EMCDDA’s mission statement sets out the agency’s four main tasks:
At the heart of the EMCDDA’s information system are five key harmonised epidemiological indicators: standard tools for collecting and reporting comparable drug data. These cover:
1. prevalence and patterns of drug use among the general population;
2. prevalence and patterns of problem drug use;
3. drug-related infectious diseases;
4. drug-related deaths and mortality of drug users; and
5. demand for drug treatment.